throttling n : the act of suffocating (someone) by constricting the windpipe; "no evidence that the choking was done by the accused" [syn: choking, strangling, strangulation]
- present participle of throttle
Throttling can refer to:
- CPU throttling
- Strangling, used to choke a person.
- Bandwidth throttling, used to control the bandwidth that a network application can use.
- A practice sometimes used by mobile phone companies or online DVD rental services, colloquially used to describe restrictions on "unlimited" data or rental plans.
- An Isenthalpic process in thermodynamics which involves a fluid moving from a higher pressure to a lower pressure though a valve (the 'throttle').
asphyxia, asphyxiation, burking, censorship, choke, choking, crackdown, crushing, drowning, extinguishment, garrote, putting down, quashing, quelling, quenching, repression, smashing, smotheration, smothering, squashing, squelching, stifling, strangling, strangulation, subdual, suffocating, suffocation, suppression